Euler Hermes’ economists provide views and opinions on a variety of topics ranging from new global trade routes to emerging risks and opportunities. Our in-house experts analyze sectors, trends, regions and more to help companies grow their business confidently and strategically.
Through our worldwide economic research team, you can gain access to actionable economic intelligence, strategic forecasting, and market-specific risk analysis. Armed with this knowledge, you can confidently extend more credit to your customers and expand sales to new prospects.
EH Update: Current Economic Events
- GDP Forecast: Q3-2014 was stronger than expected, labor market conditions are improving, and perhaps most importantly the 27% drop in gasoline prices since June will provide a significant boost for the consumer. Consequently, 2014 GDP growth has been revised up to 2.3% from 2.1%, and 2015 GDP growth has been revised up to 2.9% from 2.6%.
- Manufacturing Sector: ISM Index is at a strong 58.7 (over 50 indicates growth) while new orders are at a blistering 66 pace.
- Corporate profit margins are near record highs while business bankruptcies are near record lows and expected to fall another 6% in 2015.
- Labor Market: Job creation is at a steady pace of 240,000/month in 2014 with November’s report showing a very strong gain of 321,000 – but there’s still a long way to go though.
- Consumer Sentiment surged to 93.8 in December the highest in almost eight years. Small business optimism rose to the highest of the recovery.
- Housing Market: While it continues to sputter the Fed is likely to start raising rates in mid-2015. This has been well telegraphed and is likely to have only a small effect on financial markets at first.